About the SPARK Organizing Intensive
The SPARK Organizing Intensive (SOI) will be an inter-generational (ages 13 – 50) group of fierce individuals interested in being trained on or deepening their skills around organizing and leading campaigns during the 2013 legislative session.
The SOI is geared towards supporting and empowering women of color (while centering the experiences of Black Women), young people, and LGBTQ youth of color on issues that impact their lives and will provide an opportunity for new and experienced organizers and activists to dig deep on pressing issues that affect our communities across identities, gain concrete organizing and campaign building skills, and directly organize and support community events and projects throughout 2013.
The 6-month program begins with a mandatory retreat in December 2012. SOI trainings will occur twice a month from January to May and will alternate between political education and skill development. You are required to attend at least 5 of the 10 offered trainings.
SOI participants will also be expected to assist in the planning and implementation of 5 major SPARK events.
What’s expected of me as an SOI Participant?
SOI members are expected to:
- Attend the December retreat.
- Attend at least 5 of the 10 offered trainings.
- Take on an active leadership role during the 2013 legislative session.
- Commit to and complete a final community project by June 2013.
- Bring an open, willing spirit and positive attitude that lends to community building and friendship.
- Be curious, stretch, and have fun!
- Be willing to fight for the dignity and safety for all families!
The deadline to apply is December 7, 2012. Applicants will be notified no later than December 14th of their acceptance. For more information, contact Bianca Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Join us in creating a Georgia that respects our bodies and our futures! Click here to apply.
Women of color (13 – 50), young people (13 – 24), and LGBTQ youth of color (13 – 24) are highly encouraged to apply. Ideal candidates will live in SPARK’s target neighborhoods of South Atlanta, the West End, and Kirkwood.
25 Notes/ Hide
- girlsforachange reblogged this from speakjustice
- yourmindisagarden likes this
- rocko-socko reblogged this from rookiemag
- 0100101110101101 likes this
- lexdysic likes this
- friendofghosts likes this
- angelinamaureen reblogged this from becauseiamawoman
- becauseiamawoman reblogged this from rookiemag
- ardzin likes this
- youwantelvis likes this
- domzozo likes this
- emturner likes this
- marialpoe reblogged this from rookiemag
- alexiaserpentini likes this
- kate-literally likes this
- irinadvalidze likes this
- zoeisapandarightnow likes this
- noblesseobligee likes this
- edgarpuke likes this
- kvru likes this
- dumpling3 likes this
- shygesture likes this
- rookiemag reblogged this from speakjustice and added:
- femmeempathmagus reblogged this from glitterlion
- dearesthelpless likes this
- littlemissbuzzybuzz reblogged this from glitterlion
- glitterlion reblogged this from speakjustice
- speakjustice posted this